February 2, 2011
For immediate release
Community Outreach Coordinator
First Credit Union Offers FREE Income Tax
Chandler, AZ –First Credit Union is sponsoring two Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites again this tax season. VITA, an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) program, offers free tax help to low to moderate income families and individuals who need help preparing their tax returns. IRS-trained and certified volunteers will be staffing the two First Credit Union VITA sites.
Following are the locations and hours of operation for each First Credit Union sponsored VITA site:
- First Credit Union Chandler Corporate Plaza Branch located at 25 S. Arizona Place, Chandler, AZ 85225
- February 7, 2011 through April 8, 2011
- Mondays from 5pm-8pm
- Wednesdays from 10am-3pm
- This site will be closed Monday, February 21, 2011 in observance of Presidents’ Day
- First Credit Union Devonshire Branch located at 803 E. Devonshire, Phoenix, AZ 85014
- February 1, 2011 through April 8, 2011
- Tuesdays 9am to 3pm
- Schedule to change without prior notice.
Persons seeking tax assistance should bring the following documents with them to the VITA tax preparation site:
- Proof of identification (required)
- Social Security cards, including those of all dependents (required)
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers (required)
- Interest and dividend statements from financial institutions, 1099 Forms (required)
- Copies of last year’s Federal and State tax returns (helpful, but not required)
About First Credit Union
Serving Arizona since 1929, First Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with $400 million in assets and more than 45,000 members. First Credit Union is a full-service financial institution offering a variety of deposit and loan products. Convenient services include free online & mobile banking, free online bill pay, account access at 28,000 surcharge-free ATMs through the CO-OP ATM network, and 5,000 branch locations nationwide with CU Service Centers® credit union shared branch network. For more information please visit www.FirstCU.net.