February 9, 2009
First Credit Union Offers FREE Income Tax Preparation Assistance Again This Year
Chandler, AZ — First Credit Union is sponsoring two Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites again this tax season. VITA, an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) program, offers free tax help to low to moderate income families and individuals who need help preparing their tax returns. IRS-trained and certified volunteers will be staffing the two First Credit Union VITA sites.
Following are the locations and hours of operation for each First Credit Union sponsored VITA site:
- First Credit Union Chandler Corporate Plaza Branch located at 25 S. Arizona Place, Chandler, AZ 85225
- February 1, 2010 through April 9, 2010
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Fridays by appointment only 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. -- call 480-782-3875 to make an appointment
- This site will be closed Monday, February 15, 2010 in observance of Presidents’ Day
- First Credit Union Devonshire Branch located at 803 E. Devonshire, Phoenix, AZ 85014
- February 2, 2010 through April 13, 2010
- Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Schedule to change without prior notice.
Persons seeking tax assistance should bring the following documents with them to the VITA tax preparation site:
- Proof of identification (required)
- Social Security cards, including those of all dependents (required)
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers (required)
- Interest and dividend statements from financial institutions, 1099 Forms (required)
- Copies of last year's Federal and State tax returns (helpful, but not required)
About First Credit Union
Serving Arizona since 1929, First Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with over $400 million in assets and more than 50,000 members. First Credit Union offers all types of consumer and commercial loans and deposit products. Their convenient services include online banking, mobile banking, automated telephone banking, account access at 65,000 surcharge-free ATMs through the Allpoint and CO-OP ATM networks, and shared branching at almost 4,000 locations nationwide with CU Service Centers®. For more information please visit www.FirstCU.net.